Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Who am I? Trivia#2

We're back for another game of 'Who Am I?'. The answer to my last entry is Jose Revilla also known as "Armando Goyena". For trivia #2, here goes.. :)

I am the son of a hacendero from Gapan, Nueva Ecija and practicing pre-med. One day, I decided to watch the shooting of a friend's film right in my home. From then on, I was discovered by Director Susana C. De Guzman and Nemesio B. Caravana as they encouraged me to join showbiz.

My first movie was Amor-Mio or My Love under LVN. Later on, I was paired with Nida Blanca in "Bahala Na". When LVN discontinued making films, I transferred to Sampaguita pictures where I made my debut with Ms. Gloria Romero in "Tugtuging Bukid".

In the 1980's I made a comeback with my good old friend Nida Blanca as we played for two movies with Ms. Sharon Cuneta's Forgive and Forget, and Ms. Maricel Soriano's Saan Darating ang umaga.

I remained active in films then until my time came in 2004, wherein I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

FYI: I was also known as the "Fred Astaire of the Philippines". Who Am I? :)

(Photo and Content Source: Dona Sisang and Filipino Movies, 1977 and the Wikipedia)

Answer will be posted on my next entry. Til next! :)

3 comments:

Video 48 said...

Hi Juz! It's me again. The answer- Gines Soriano popularly known as Nestor de Villa. Make it harder the next time, hehehe! Good luck on your blogging!

the only juz said...

haha Correct!

sige Sir wait til my next post. hehehe ;)

Rolly said...

G'day Justine, Great Blog. Keep it up. Just wondering if we could still have DVD of these pinoy classic movies? my email add. rv1ray@yahoo.com if you could suggest anything? just in case. thanks and keep up the great work.