Monday, June 30, 2008

Who am I? Trivia#1

Let's play a game.. I have five names who changed their names when they started showbiz. On my next post, his/her screen name will be displayed. Anyway, here is trivia #1:

Among the several sons of well-to-do families, I was one of those who were drawn to the movies after World War II. I was persuaded by a friend named Wilfredo Ma. Guerrero to play the male lead in Wanted: A Chaperone. After that, I was convinced by my friend to audition in LVN pictures and start a career in showbiz. At first Dona Narcisa De leon a.k.a. Dona Sisang wasn't interested in me because I did not have that what we call, 'X-factor'. But later on, I got the call and did supporting roles until I became a full-fledged actor.

I have done roles such as Kapitan Kidlat (1953), Tiya Loleng (1953) with Ms. Tessie Quintana and other movies under LVN. I was married to the first Camay soap model Francisca Roces with whom I had seven daughters and a son and 28 grandchildren. Two of these are my grandsons, Bernard Palanca and Miko Palanca and one of my granddaughters, Bianca Araneta.

I have also appeared later on in movies such as Eskapo (1995) as Eugenio Lopez Sr. and Yamashita: The Tiger's Treasure (2001). Now, I am 82 years old, fit and active as I go to the gym twice a week.

Who am I?

(Photo and Content Source: Dona Sisang and Filipino Movies, 1977 and http://movie-industry.blogspot.com)

Answer will be posted on my next entry. Til next! :)

3 comments:

Video 48 said...

Armando Goyena, matinee idol of the 50s and the father of Maritess and Tina Revilla, both stars of the 70s. Thank you for the link, Juz
Simon
Video48

the only juz said...

Correct! :)

No prob sir Simon.. Your blog inspired me to immerse myself more into Filipino classics. :)

jaemiayamashita said...

Where to play Craps in New Orleans - Oklahoma City
Craps in New Orleans (OK). Craps in New 벳 페어 Orleans. This site is 샌 브루노 operated by k9win Resorts World New 무료 룰렛 게임 Orleans LLC, which 실시간 배팅 is owned by Resorts World