Monday, July 7, 2008

Who am I? Trivia#3

I'm back! and we're up for another game of 'Who am I?'. Last time, Sir Simon of Video48 got the correct answer for two straight entries. :) Answer to last entry is Gines Soriano also known as Nestor de Villa. Anyway, for the next trivia, here goes:

I was finding a job and been hired as a receptionist in the office of a movie magazine. One day, I was asked to go to LVN to get publicity stills for the latest film of Nida Blanca. The Old Lady saw me and referred as Ilocana Mestiza. She told me I can join showbiz only if I can brush my Tagalog. From then on, I was given a contract and later became a full-fledged star.

I am known as Miss Alembong. It was my first role in the movie 'Alembong' in 1958 which everyone considers a box-office hit. I also appeared in the show
'Tayo’y Magsaya' with Nida Blanca, Pancho Magalona, Guy Donato and Bentot under the direction of Felicing Constantino.

My other movies are Ganyan Ka Pala and Medalyong Perlas (with Nida Blanca, Nestor de Villa and Willie Sotedo) and Teenage Crush (with Tessie Quintana Eddie Rodriguez, Manding Claro and Luz Valdez, directed by Tony Santos).

My time came last January 10, 2002, in the beautiful Huntington Beach, California, USA.

FYI: I
am the aunt of today's actress Chin-Chin Gutierrez. Who am I?

(Photo and Content Source: Dona Sisang and Filipino Movies (1977), http://movie-industry.blogspot.com/ and the Wikipedia)

Answer to be posted on my next entry. Til next! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lita Gutierrez :)

the only juz said...

you got it! :) thanks for dropping by :D